Locations and Paths plus Non Geometrical Data
Locations have Nodes, and Nodes have POINTs. Edges/Segments have LineString.
Could start out with a FeatureCollection with exactly the elements we use to build up a Course: a sequenced set of
- Location (representing Start)
- At least one but probably no more than 8 iterations of the following:
- One or more Edges / Segments each separated/connected by a Node
The last Location may well be the same as the first Location if this is course is a loop. Otherwise, it is called a point-to-point course.
- Location to Location is treated as a Path. This organization would provide:
- Starting Location
- One or more paths:
- Path ending at a Location, and traversing multiple Edges / Segments.
- ID of the course
- Scheduled Time if appropriate
- Estimated completion Time (possibly stored as duration so delays can be added)