Create Maven Archetype
- Created the project to be used as the source and checked into GitHub under the archetype repo.
- from command line: mvn archetype:create-from-project
- Check the following:
- If you want default groupId or whatever, add this to the archetype-thingy
- cd to the root of the archetype (target/generated-sources/archetype)
- run "mvn install"
- Try out the archetype: mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=local
- learned that because my project name matched one of the dependencies (mgwt & mgwt), there were problems generating appropriate dependencies in the newly built project.
- It was good to perform a maven clean before creating the archetype.
- I had run the generate-sources target after cleaning just so a few dependencies would not leave a project with errors upon creation out of the archetype.
page revision: 2, last edited: 20 Mar 2015 00:16