Google Plugin For Eclipse
- Working with Maven from GoogleCode (Sep 2012 with updates): https://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/WorkingWithMaven
- This is prepared for Eclipse Indigo (3.7) with Java 1.7 and then in Feb/Mar 2015, under Luna (4.4) and still Java 1.7.
- Came together as part of Mobile Development
- Matchup of 32- versus 64-bit installations: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7352493/failed-to-load-the-jni-shared-library-jdk
- Indigo 3.7 r2 / Luna 4.4
- Java 1.7
- GWT jars expanded locally in a "user lib" area (Mar 2015: GWT 2.7 http://www.gwtproject.org/download.html)
As taken in July 2014
- Download GPE 3.6.0 if the download site isn't recognized.
- March 13, 2015: Finding that the Eclipse Marketplace is way slow. Trying this link instead: https://developers.google.com/eclipse/docs/install-eclipse-4.4
- That link was rather slow in responding, but eventually it allowed me to download.
- I wasn't able to install the Designer pieces because of conflicts (that took quite a while to try to resolve), so I backed down to just installing the GPE 3.8.
- Install the code as shown in the diagram below
- When restarting, the splash screen comes up and then goes away; .log file (under workspace's .metadata folder) shows LoginTrim problem. Renaming the eclipse/plugins/com.google.gdt.eclipse.login jar file allows getting past this.
- Search for the JVMs that support 1.7. (Preferences _> Java -> Installed JREs -> Search)
- Attach a copy of the GWT installation (Preferences -> Google -> Web Toolkit -> Add)
- The version of GWT SDK that came with the GPE was 2.5.1 and I wanted the later version; this means downloading into a separate directory outside of eclipse.
- Standalone GWT SDK was downloaded from here: http://www.gwtproject.org/download.html
- On sagitta, I put this under /home/jett/gwt-2.7.0
page revision: 13, last edited: 14 Mar 2015 15:07