Googlemapplay Eclipse Project
- polyLine.html - shows how to add lines to a map. Adding points is expensive: 12 seconds on my machine from a local file. Not good for just 3 routes. Despite this, I've found this to be a viable way to bring in different routes and then cut and paste them. So far, I've got
- three hardcoded .gpx files tossed up,
- a simple menu to select one of the three to work on
- click on route selects that route
- highlighting (magenta) of the route you've selected
- snapping a marker to the route so begin/end pairs can be chosen
- 1st click on marker drops a "start" marker; 2nd click drops an "end" marker and highlights (green) selection; 3rd click clears markers
- URL is http://cycling.jettmarks.com/tracks/polyLine.html
- Additional Features I'd like to add
- File dialog to read a local directory for files that can be opened
- Read an RSS feed to pickup recent routes from bikely.com (or otherwise allow selection and download from bikely.com)
- Treat start/end selection as a new route
- Select two routes and join them into a new route.
- export clipped or joined routes as new .kml/.gpx files.
- Read .kml files and preserve attributes (lower priority)
Other Play Areas
- searchFromWizard.html - contains the text created using the Google Map Wizard. Shows how to create a searchable map.
page revision: 10, last edited: 21 Mar 2009 22:54