- Java 1.5.x
- Eclipse 3.3 or higher
- Maven 2.1 or higher
- Maven Plugin for Eclipse (version?)
- GWT environment for Eclipse (although we don't use most of it)
- Eclipse Plugin appropriate for your SCM
If this is the first time the workspace has been used with Maven, follow the steps on the page MavenEclipseWorkspaceSetup.
This example uses Subversion as the SCM, but I expect other SCMs would be similar.
- From Eclipse: "File -> New -> Project".
- In the "New Project" wizard, choose "Maven -> Checkout Maven Projects from SCM"
- For Subversion, I completed the dialog as follows:
Setup Launch Configuration (Hosted Mode)
- To run the project in hosted mode, add a launch configuration starting with the Java Application template. There are three tabs that need modification:
Each are shown below.
- The main class is the GWT hosted mode entry point (com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode).
- Arguments for pasting:
-logLevel INFO -war . -startupUrl showRoutes/showRoutes.html com.jettmarks.gmaps.showRoutes
- The workspace is significant.
- The gwt-dev jar is added from the plugins directory under Eclipse Home directory. (This is the main reason we load the plugin from Google for GWT: so we can run hosted mode.)
- The source directories are added because I believe the plugin needs these to be here. The main entry point class doesn't appear to be picked up otherwise. Use the "Advanced" button to add folders from the src/main tree.
- Setup a Launch configuration starting with "Maven Build" and add the goal "javadoc:javadoc" for the "workspace_loc/<project>" base (source) directory.
- If you don't want to use the default /site directory, you can change this by editing the "Output Directory" of the "Reporting" section of the POM.
page revision: 23, last edited: 18 Feb 2014 02:40